I am writing this post to educate people about gender identity. After my last post, I realized that some people may not be familiar with the terms I used, so I will be defining some of those words!
- GenderQueer/Gender Fluid: A person who identifies as GenderQueer or Gender Fluid moves between genders. This means that some days, they may identify as a girl, sometimes a boy, maybe neither, or maybe both.
- Transgender: An individual who identifies as Transgender is someone who was born in a “boys” body, but they identify as a girl, or vice versa. Remember to use the preferred pronouns. Respect the persons identity!
- Gender Neautral/Genderless: Being gender neutral means that you do not identify as any gender. You are neautral.
- Intersex: People that are intersex were born with “mixed” parts. For example, a person that is intersex might be born with breasts, and a penis. Intersex people are more commonly known as “Hermaphrodites”, but this term is offensive and should not be used.
- Gender non-conforming: A term for people whose gender expression is different from societal expectations of gender.
- Gender Questioning: If someone is Gender Questioning, it means they are not yet sure of their identity.
- Transexual: If someone is Transexual, it means they have undergone a sex change operation.